Monday, June 18, 2012

Thrills, Chills and Excitement

I'm headed to Lombard (a suburb of Chicago for those of you not familiar with the great Midwest) for a conference.  Why am I going to this conference?  Well, back in December when the conference organizers sent out a call for abstracts, my lovely lady boss directed me to submit three presentation proposals.  I foresaw a complication.

Me:  What if they accept all three?

She:  Oh, they never do that.

Which is why I will be a member of three panels this week, speaking on "Alternate Treatment Sites; A Guide for Development," "Investigating The Role of Local Health Departments After A Radiological Event," and "Closed POD Partnerships; A Community Resource for Mass Prophylaxis."  Woo-hoo.

5 comments:

Ladytats said...

hasn't she heard of "never say never"
congrats on being such a versatile person, and so knowledgeable on so much.

Shay said...

I wouldn't say I'm knowledgeable but I have the fastest Powerpoint in the Midwest.

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

hmmm---wonder what would happen if you lost your voice suddenly...just sayin'?!

Mary said...

I found your blog through "Feeling Stitchy". I feel I must interject that I am from Lombard :D

Shay said...

Mary, you've got a great little Louisiana restaurant up there.