Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Firemen Should Be Seen And Not Heard


We are enjoying dinner at a restaurant during the conference.  Present at the table are me,  six RN’s, two EMTs, a Fire Chief, an animal control officer, a pre-med student and the Health Department Public Information Officer.

Fire Chief:  The entire hospital campus is covered by closed-circuit TV, right?  So what does this idiot do but go out to a snow-covered parking lot at 2 o’clock in the morning and start cutting dildoes with an ambulance. (shrieks of laughter from the rest of the table)  What did I say?

RN:  Mike*, I think you meant “donuts,” not “dildoes.”  (to me)  Aren’t you and Mike giving a presentation together tomorrow?

Me:  (with my head buried in my hands)  Yes.

PIODon’t let him ad-lib.

4 comments:

Ladytats said...

He he , have a fun time at the conference. Yipes!

Not Important said...

I would LOVE to see Fire Chief take a Rorschach ink blot test.

Sam said...

Oh boy, can not wait to hear about this presentation....

Shay said...

It actually went very well. He had on his dress uniform and didn't make a single slip.

Thank God. I'd like to get invited back next year.