Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Love A Parade, Mostly


I got to walk behind our ERV (Emergency Response Vehicle) this afternoon and toss candy; not my preferred activity on a sultry August Sunday, but somebody's got to do it.


The Junior Marine Detachment color guard did a nice job. Their drill sergeant is to be commended.


Every vintage tractor in the county was there, as well.


Our parade rank improved slightly this year. We were ahead of the horses (but unfortunately, behind the bagpipes. I believe the British army classifies them as weapons rather than musical instruments, and no wonder).

5 comments:

Martha said...

I'll take ahead of the horses anyday.

Sam said...

Take the bagpipes, you do NOT want to do the "horse plop jig". Could be owrse, I had to march behind an elephant once. Not an experince I chose to have ever again.

Not Important said...

That reminds me of my favorite bagpipe joke.

Q: Why do Scotsmen walk while playing the bagpipes?

A: To get away from the noise.

Joann Loos said...

GDad, you beat me to it LOL

tattrldy said...

I've noticed that at funerals and such the piper stands quite some distance from the grave site. Probably so they don't wake the dead...
Nice pictures of the parade.