Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Vintage Paper Crafts-Wigs and Hats for School Plays


From Paper Arts and Crafts for Teachers and Group Leaders, published sometime in the 1950's by the manufacturers of Dennison crepe paper. Left-click to enlarge, or these pages can be downloaded from my Flickr account.


Four pages of general instructions on using Dennison's crepe paper are here.


This is the second page of the menagerie that I posted about here (but forgot to include the second page). It's now on my Flickr page, as well.

2 comments:

Teresa, Stuart and Audrey said...

I can't believe they called the Asian hat a "coolie hat." Wow.

Great images as always, though, and I look forward to using some with my students.

Shay said...

The next four pages are costumes "for girls" (Puritan maids and hula lasses) and "for boys" (knights, Moses and Daniel Boone).

Definitely reinforcing the stereotypes of the time!