Sunday, February 8, 2009

Big Trouble in Little Bungalow


Last weekend one of us absent-mindedly left a cardboard grocery box on the sewing table in the front room and the Drama Queen immediately annexed it. The table stands right above a heating vent, and the box made a warm and cozy little cubby for her, particularly since it hid her from the dogs and Reserve Cat ignored it. She slept in it almost all day, every day until yesterday, when out of the kindness of my heart (not to mention a desire to get that stupid box out of my parlor) I replaced it with a vintage wicker basket, comfortably upholstered by a sweater that had felted in the wash, just for her.


Oops.

4 comments:

Overeducated Twit said...

I hear Western-esque showdown music playing in the background...

Shay said...

I should have left out the sweater, that's probably what attracted the basket-thief...

anniebelle said...

Uh Oh! Better hide the bedside lamp again! Hee!
Nancy

Amy said...

lol cats are so funny in choosing where they want to sleep, for us my 15 year old cat always chooses the newspaper when we are reading it